Tooth wear and enamel loss was making a smile disappear.
“Sometimes our quest to be healthy overlooks the acid erosive effect of products like lemon juice in water and other chewable sources of acid like Vitamin C. Prolonged use can destroy a lot of permanent enamel. We needed to bring Simon’s smile back to it’s natural length and give him a healthy bite again. ” Dr Andrea Shepperson
- Deprogramming to find a new stable bite.
- Digital scanning to record tooth form
- Digital Smile Design (DSD) to determine ideal tooth position.
- Production of a 3D printed model with new tooth shapes and duplication in the mouth as a Mock Up for approval.
- Rebuilding bottom teeth to increase face height with composite and porcelain restorations.
- Minimal preparation, preserving as much natural tooth as possible, for 10 porcelain veneers and crowns on worn upper teeth.
- Cementation of the finished result
These images of our patient’s existing teeth show the tooth wear and lack of display of any teeth at rest.
Deprogramming the Bite
Tooth wear leads to an over-closed bite with shorter muscles and reduced face height. Finding a stable bite at a new height involves wearing a small removable splint for up to 3 weeks to let muscles stretch and find a stable resting point.
Digital Smile Design
The design process is a careful planning exercise in 3D, using scans, xrays, photos and facially driven tooth position to create harmony in the smile. These images show some of the detailed digital design we undertake to get precision, predictability and a smile that is in harmony with facial proportions and soft tissues.
Once the design is finalised we preview it live in the mouth. The transformation is instant and our patients get to see the finished result before we start.
Rebuilding worn Lower Teeth
Lower teeth need to be raised in height, to replace lost tooth structure. We can use a variety of materials to achieve this and can tailor our treatment plan to suit individual patient needs, where the cost of dentistry may be an issue.
Porcelain Restorations On Upper Teeth
Beautiful ceramic restorations were crafted to restore length to 10 upper teeth. The result is stunning, and these are hard wearing, very durable materials.